In order to use the REST API, users must generate an API key and secret.
- Log in to your account from the OSL website and click on the
SETTINGSlink in the top-right profile icon.
- Then click
CREATE. If two-factor authentication is enabled, enter the one-time password (OTP).
- The REST API key and secret will be displayed. You can toggle "Move Funds" and "Place and "Manage Orders" permissions as required.
- If these are set toggled OFF the keys are considered to be Read Only API Keys.
- If your account has any associated subacounts they will appear here.
- The API Key has the ability to control all account groups if no subaccount is specified.
- If one subaccount is selected then the API has the ability to control only that account.
The API secret will only be shown once and will not be retrievable once you click
If you forget/lose your API secret, you will have to click
RESET SECRET. The old API secret will be disabled automatically once the secret is reset.
Multiple REST API keys can be created as per the user requirements.